It was over 50 degrees today in Indiana. And it was gloriously sunny! So I actually worked on some projects outside. My favorite college student was home so she came over to help with projects today—double bonus!
Yesterday I tackled my craft room in the basement. It had become a catch-all room. So I took everything out and have started organizing things. I have a mid-century desk for the room (watch for that post soon!), but also I ordered a new, foldable craft table last week, so I put that together yesterday as well. I needed a stool for the table. And I already had the perfect one, it just needed a makeover. I have been using this black metal stool when working on projects in the garage.
I think I paid $3 at a garage sale for this. The fabric on the seat was dirty but other than that, it is very sturdy and in great shape. I didn't need to repaint the frame, just needed to reupholster the seat.
The seat was really easy to remove from the stool.
It only took about five minutes to remove the old fabric.
I have a stash of upholstery fabric scraps that are large enough to recover small footstools or chairs. This vintage canvas fabric was in the stash. It was in a box of old linens I purchased this summer at an estate auction. We really liked the graphics on the fabric.
I had two small remnants of this fabric. I decided it was perfect for this project.
The foam was in good shape. We added a sheet of batting to give it a little more padding.
After making sure it was centered, we stapled the fabric to the seat and then reattached the seat to the frame of the stool.
It turned out great! It is the perfect height for the craft table. And it matches perfectly. Now I just have to finish organizing the rest of the craft room and move the MCM desk downstairs. Ugh...