Tuffet Turnaround


This cute little tuffet came my way a few weeks ago. It was just a couple of dollars but it was sorely in need of a revamp.



It looked this the current fabric had been added and was not the original.


I peeled back the covering to revel this very dirty, stained covering.


Well, it had to go!


I removed all the legs by simply unscrewing them.


Then I removed the attachments for the legs.


Then I removed the fabric and revealed the old original padding—poof, gone.


Here's a tip for spray painting these legs. I find a cardboard flat and screw them into the cardboard. It holds them secure and makes it really easy to paint the legs!


I used painter's tape to cover the tips of the legs. I wanted those to remain white. I used Rustoleum Chalk spray paint in the Charcoal color. One coat is all it took.


Some new foam and fabric took only a few minutes. Then I covered the bottom with black dust cover fabric to protect the bottom. Then I reattached the leg supports.


I love this fabric. It was a scrap from another project. Scraps are perfect for little stools!


This was completed in less than an hour. Projects like this are a great foray into upholstery! It sold as soon as Primitive Gatherings opened!

#stool #tuffet #reuphostery #reupholstery #grey #balck #black #chalkpaint #charcoal #rustoleum #primitive #gatherings #Furniture

6 views0 comments

Related Posts

See All