I found this old piano stool at a garage sale for $20. I had never reupholstered something like this before, but I love the legs on this stool.
Look at the detail on those gorgeous legs! Cast Iron detail with the wooden spindle. Rock solid. I just cleaned this up. No paint or varnish needed. Just some lemon oil on the wood.
Now to start the reupholstery! This has a velveteen corduroy fabric. It was dirty and clearly the padding was shot. As always, I rip off all the fabric and padding.
I started to cut away the fabric to see what kind of padding. The foam was disintegrated. It was chunks and powder. That's it. What a mess!
I cut new foam to size, covered it with batting and tacked the batting down to the frame of the seat. The seat had a inset ridge on it so stapling the fabric down was pretty easy. I love this fabric. I found a pillow in a local store and Googled a photo of it to find the fabric. I found it online and bought several yards. I have used it on many projects.
I added trim to cover the staples and finished if with nickel upholstery tacks. It sat in the shop for a while, but just sold in the last couple of weeks!